Friday, March 10, 2017

Big Island Hawaii, Black Sand Beach Kona


Getting out of the Hilton, Waikoloa village, when you turn left there is a market place that is cheaper than Island gourmet that is in Queen's market. We got out ot the "resort" area and went to the locals. We ate at under the Bodhi Tree- local organic farmed yum. This is in the villages of Mauna Lani in Waimea. The owner was so nice explaining everything and that he had diabetes and changed his diet into local whole organic living... And changed his life. 
There is a local pub around here too that has grass fed burgers, locally grown salads and stuff and is open until mid nightish and cheaper than where the resort is. 

https://www.underthebodhi.net/

I got a tank top- so soft...
Local hand made jewelries 

Vegan french toast- yumm
I got acai bowl with fresh local organic fruits- look I had rambutan and longan in my bowl- I flipped!!! I love these fruits and only can eat them in Philippines because they cost a fortune in the main land. 

We turned a u-turn to go to Black beach via 19 highway. 
Coming out from the Hotel, turn right. 
Drive until you see cars parking on the side. That is the entrance to the wilderness/forest that will lead you to the black sand beach. 
The kuya who drove us to the hotel and to airport said that the four season resort has access to the beach too to see black sand and turtles and all them exits has access to the beach but we are glad we took that hike because we met the goats and the baby goats and smelled so organic and fresh... I luv it


Enjoy the hike maybe 30-45mins. Don't miss to smell the goat poop- so organic grass hahaha. Take pictures but be careful because they are wild. I got a stick in hand just in case but they will not get close to you... Hmmm haaaaahhhhh

Dont miss the beach access sign in the right. A very nice young lady told us about it as she pulled up in her truck otherwise we would have missed it... 
Turn right to and find the lagoon where all the sweetness turtles reside. A lady from the hotel told me that if we would have gone further there are a lot more turtles... I was pleased to meet one turtle I fell in loved with- hehe😍




Don't touch it!! But I guess if you are compelled to... Hahaha









Bye sweetheart my love Tinkerbel Klaus turtle darling, muah muah muah... Until next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment